Quinn joined the firm in 2013, and focuses his practice on litigation, commercial transactions, and creditor’s rights. He has represented private entities, governmental entities, insurance companies, financial institutions, and individuals across a wide variety of cases, including commercial litigation, product liability, insurance defense, construction law, secured transactions, collections, and real estate. Quinn previously worked for state and federal courts and has used that experience to assist clients litigating matters in state, federal, and tribal courts throughout the State of North Dakota.
Quinn has assisted clients through jury trials, bench trials, and appeals. For example, he helped a governmental entity prevail against a contractor seeking over $1.0 million relating to a construction project and secured a counterclaim judgment for over $100,000. He also helped a client overturn an adverse decision on appeal with an award of attorney’s fees, putting over $90,000 back in the pocket of the client.
Quinn has also effectively used motion practice to secure victories for clients before trial. This includes helping a governmental entity secure dismissal of a claim seeking over $2.0 million regarding a construction project. He also helped secure dismissal of litigation in tribal court based on a lack of jurisdiction, and helped a client defeat a motion to dismiss to maintain an action in state court rather than tribal court.
Quinn helps financial institutions pursue funds owed under loans, personal guarantees, mortgages, and security agreements. Also, he helps clients pursue funds owed for work performed, including perfecting liens and initiating collection actions.
In addition to litigation, Quinn assists clients draft the necessary documents for commercial transactions, including construction projects, and real estate sales and development. He believes litigation experience aids document-drafting by helping to avoid common pitfalls.
Before joining the firm, he served as law clerk in United States District Court for the Honorable Daniel L. Hovland (2011-2013), and as law clerk in state district court for the Southwest Judicial District of North Dakota (2010-2011). Quinn graduated with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law, where he served as an Associate Editor for the North Dakota Law Review.
- North Dakota, 2010
- Minnesota, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 2015
- United States District Court, District of North Dakota, 2013
- North Dakota Supreme Court and North Dakota District Courts
- Fort Berthold Indian Reservation (North Dakota), 2013
- Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indian Reservation (North Dakota), 2014
- Standing Rock Indian Reservation (North Dakota), 2015
- Spirit Lake Indian Reservation (North Dakota), 2020
- Juris Doctor, with distinction – University of North Dakota, 2010
- Bachelor of Science – University of North Dakota, 2005
- North Dakota Defense Lawyers Association – President, 2017 | Vice President, 2016 | Treasurer, 2015-2016
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), The Voice of the Defense Bar – Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Member
- State Bar Association of North Dakota – Member
- Big Muddy Bar Association – Member
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Daniel L. Hovland, United States District Court, District of North Dakota, 2011-2013
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Judges of the South Central Judicial District, Bismarck, North Dakota, 2010-2011
- North Dakota Law Review, Associate Editor
- Super Lawyers – Business/Corporate, Great Plains Rising Star®, 2019-2020